Many people want to work from home today. It obviously has a lot of advantages, but since this trend is new, most individuals know few of the options. Here’s the list of possible stay-at-home jobs you might want to consider.
Stay-at-home job ideas for beginners
1. Customer Service. This is probably the most accessible and plentiful offer. Your opportunities include answering sales and customer service calls. To work here, you need high-speed internet and a landline that will allow you to get incoming calls. The pay is rather good (usually, it’s $10-15 per working hour). The companies that might be hiring are:
2. Chat. If you don’t want to work in customer service because you don’t want to answer phone calls, you might like the option of chatting. Remember that the competition is higher here. You’ll be paid for the number of minutes you spend serving the customer. Consider the following options to get this job:
3. Transcription. At this job, you have to listen to an audio file and type it. Obviously, you’ll need to be accurate and have excellent typing speed. You will most likely be paid by the audio minute, so it’s better for you to learn to type faster, thus increasing your income. Try applying for:
- GMR Transcription
4. Search Engine Evaluation. It’s flexible, doesn’t require you to have a phone and pays very well ($13-15 per hour). However, you can’t depend on this job only since work isn’t always available for everyone. If you want to try, consider the following:
5. Writing. You won’t need a degree in English or journalism. All you require is good research skills and perfect grammar. If you want to dabble in freelance writing, consider the following sites:
- Demand Studios
- Content Divas
6. Community Moderation. Forums still exist, and people are using them. These forums commonly need moderators who can answer questions and delete spam. The pay isn’t very high ($8-10 per hour), but the work is easy. If you want to try, check out the following:
7. Mystery Shopping. Even though you’ll need to leave your home sometimes to do this job, you might want to consider it as well. Some companies offer phone mystery shopping and product demonstration. The pay is usually very good.
8. Website & App Testing. The pay commonly depends on the website owner and/or app developer. It usually ranges from $10 to $15 per 15-20 minutes of work. It’s a nice bonus you might get when work is available for you. Consider signing up with such companies as:
- User Intelligence
- Erli Bird
Nice options, aren’t they? Which ones do you like the most?